AuthPoint with multiple user accounts on same cell phone?

I'm a little confused about the AuthPoint setup. While each user has their own AD account and one or more personal tokens assigned, what do you do about shared accounts that multiple users already using AuthPoint have access to? Can this account also be assigned to the same token every individual user has?

Since I'm probably not clear, here is an example.
I have two active directory user accounts, 'JohnDoe' and 'JaneDoe'. Jane and John each have their own cell phone with the AuthPoint app as a token that they use to log in with. There is also an active directory account 'AdminDoe' that both Jane Doe and John Doe sometimes use. Can both of their tokens also have this account? What is the setup? 'AdminDoe' would have an Authpoint license but would not have it's own token, just these shared tokens.

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @tolcheen

If the users want to use phones as their device(s) you'll need an account for each of those users. Multiple hardware tokens can be assigned per account, so we generally recommend using those if a group account must be used.

Since authpoint has no idea what user is requesting a push in that type of environment, using OTP is usually best.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.