Change the email address for alerts etc

It has taken me months to get the spare time to look at the WatchGuard EPDR and I must confess that the "New to EndPoint Security" posting was a prompter for me.

I have it running on two phones, one domain controller and one laptop. So far nothing has broken and there is no sign of high CPU or memory consumption. Big tick here!

I have one minor annoyance. All the email alerts are coming to my direct/business email address and not to a monitored system email address. Is there a place where I can set the email address to something more useful for us?

Adrian from Australia

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @xxup
    Alerts will generally go to the email in Administration -> My Account in WatchGuard Cloud. (Look for the email column, the user name is sometimes also an email, but not always.)

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hello James,

In my view of the Administration -> My Account there are "Operators" and according to the documentation, they must also have a WatchGuard portal account. However, despite having four accounts set up in WatchGuard cloud all the messages go to the "Owner" account, which is the email address I use for the normal WatchGuard partner account and the rest of my business etc. In short, it is cluttering my in-box with messages I really don't need to read.

I guess that I could create a "dummy" WatchGuard.com account and make that account a Cloud "Owner" ,but I am unsure what sort of other problems will arise from this configuration.

How do other customers manage this EDPR emails?

Adrian from Australia

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @xxup
    The mail might be coming from elsewhere -- Best thing I can suggest would be to create a support case, and the team that handles that product can look into it.
    If you have a copy of the email, I'd suggest dragging out of your email program (so it creates a .msg or .eml file with the headers, etc) that may be helpful in troubleshooting the issue.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Good idea James. I will do this shortly.

Adrian from Australia

• Yes. Thank you. The image is too small, but the instructions on your response to my case worked perfectly. Sometimes it is the simplest things...

Adrian from Australia

• David_CarroDavid_Carro WatchGuard Representative

Sorry fo the size of the screenshot. But it is good to get feedback from you, as next time, It will be of a correct size.
    Cheers!

David Carro | Technical support
    WatchGuard Technologies, Inc. | www.watchguard.com

Sign In to comment.