FTP issue after Windows Server updates

edited June 2022 in Firebox - Proxies

Running a Firebox M370 as my firewall. I recently applied a round of Windows Updates to a Windows Server 2016 server that is running IIS for FTP. I have a SNAT FTP Proxy from an external static IP computer to connect to this server. After this round of updates (which was sadly probably about 1 year's worth!!!!), external FTP clients would connect and login successfully but upon issuing the first commend (ls/dir, get, put, etc.) the connection would time out. I tried turning on logging levels in the Proxy policy and in the IIS FTP server, but didn't see anything overly helpful. Just as a chance, I disabled the FTP Proxy using SNAT and changed it to a packet filter using SNAT. All is working again. Any ideas as to why and how to resolve? Isn't the Proxy a more secure policy?
Thanks!

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @ypflewnix
    I'd suggest opening a support case so we can get more details about what might be happening -- it could be an issue with the FTP proxy, or it might be an issue with the server. It's difficult to tell without more information.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Any Ideas or News? We have the same Problem.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@Frerichs_IT_1
    I don't have any info on what customer's solutions are unless they mention a case number. If you're running into a similar issue, I'd suggest a support case.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.