Firewall rules "hit"-log

Hi fellow Watchguarders!
I was wondering if there's some report or log anywhere e.g Dimension/System Manager/WG Cloud that shows how many "hits" every firewall rule has. So you can remove obsolete rules that isn't used?

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@KAndersson Try looking at the policy map feature. This should provide what you're looking for.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• A better place in Dimension is REPORTS > DEVICE > Policy Usage. You can set a date range and the select the report and sort on the "Hits" column to see the 0 usage policies.

If you plan to use months of data, then I recommend Dimension 2.2 as it is way faster than the earlier versions.

• I'm not seeing Policy Usage as an option for REPORTS > DEVICE on my Dimension 2.2
    I think that I have all logging enabled.
    What am I missing?

• @Bruce_Briggs said:
    I'm not seeing Policy Usage as an option for REPORTS > DEVICE on my Dimension 2.2
    I think that I have all logging enabled.
    What am I missing?

Did you ever find this section in dimension? I see it pointed out in the official documents as a thing but it's not in my Reports>Device section. However, I did test hooking it up to Watchguard Cloud and see the details there. Did they remove it from dimension?

Sign In to comment.