Block based on geolocation?

I would need a bit of advice here:

Is it possible to enable geoblocks for all inbound traffic? I cannot figure a proper way to do that. I am running on Fireware 12.8.

Answers

• I just got it figured out. I was thinking too difficult way to do this.

Policy Manager--> Subsscription Services-->Geolocation.

• I still need some advice.

I created a new geablock for two countries and changed the new geoblock rule for all policies(Global action changed to this new rule)

The question is: will this block all inbound traffic from countries in the rule? There is no way I can really test this without travelling to these countries and trying....

• @Juuso said:

>

The question is: will this block all inbound traffic from countries in the rule? There is no way I can really test this without travelling to these countries and trying....

Kinda hard, there are testing websites out there. But, any yahoo with some retail VPN application on their device will outsmart your Geoblock anyway. It is a "best effort" thing, not a true security thing IMO. As if the Russian hackers do not have AWS stuff running in AZ just waiting to take us out?

• Geo blocking is based on the source or dest IP addr.
    If the IP addr is correctly associated with a specific country, then it will do what you expect.
    There is no easy way for us to verify that the IP addr list for a specific country used by Geo is 100% accurate, but it is probably at least 99% accurate if not 100%.

Sign In to comment.