Geolocation configuration times out session

Hello all,

Every time I try to configure a geolocation block, upon saving, the firewall expires the session and logs me out.

This only happens to one of the firewalls on a particular location, we have 3 connected via BOVPN and the configuration works fine in the other two.

Tried restarting the firewall but the issue persists, models are exactly the same, purchased both at the same time:

M290 with the latest firmware installed (12.8.B657104)

Hope there may be a solution to this conundrum.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Verify the Management Session settings in the Web UI -> Authentication -> Settings.
    The defaults are 10 hours & 15 minutes.

If they look OK, then you should open a support case on this.

FYI - you should be able to make this change using WSM Policy Manager.

• Thank you, Bruce.
    Unfortunately the issue with the session only happens when trying to create a GeoLocation zone, I've also noticed that this particular firewall has no GLOBAL geolocation while the rest do, no idea if that may give anyone a hint about the issue.

Will try creating the policy through the Policy Manager to see if that makes a difference.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

This sounds buggy -- if it continues to happen please consider opening a support case (you can do so via the support center link at the top right of the page.)

If you do, please generate a support file from the system right after you get kicked off/out.

-In WebUI, please go to system status -> diagnostics, and click to download a support log file.
    -In WSM, open Firebox System Manager, go to the status report tab, click support, then retrieve.

If you can, please also include the time that you got kicked off (it makes it easier to find in the logs.)

Thank you,

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Thank you, James.

While creating the ticket, the following article comes up:

https://watchguard.force.com/customers/wgknowledgebase?type=Known Issues&SFDCID=kA10H000000Xe6SSAS&lang=en_US

Seems to be a known issue although it reports an older fireware version (12.5) than the one on the affected firewall.

Will open another ticket to see if the only workaround is to use the Policy Manager.

Sign In to comment.