Dimenson Login on Console

Hi,
after a crash in our datacenter my dimension server has a problem to start correct.

I had the same problem with my vcenter applicance, and i found a solution cleared the errors, after correction the errors, the system starts normaly.

The dimension server must have a root passwort for maintenance mode.

But by installing the dimension server i dont give a root passwort, i have only webaccess.

How can i access in the vm with root access?

Now i have restore a backup vm, but i need a solution for future similar cases.

Greetings
Stefan

Comments

• In the past, it was recommended to open a support case and a WG rep could fix something which would allow normal access to Dimension

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @samrein

If the system isn't booting support can look at it, but there isn't a root account to access. It should attempt to auto-repair the filesystem if there is a problem -- if that's failing it may not be recoverable. If the system won't come up at all, your best option may be to re-deploy.

You can attempt moving the database partition to a new Dimension server -if- it's still in-tact. You can find the steps to do that here:

https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/dimension/database_move_d.html

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hi @james.carson
    Hi @Bruce_Briggs,,,,

I have a relatively recent backup so I will live with the loose data. I just wanted to know and understand.

I will test the moving from the database.

Thank you very much.

Greetings
    Stefan

Sign In to comment.