Exchange Hybrid configuration

edited September 18 in Firebox - Proxies

Hello forum, is there a good guide on how to configure Exchange Hybrid with Watchguard? So outgoing and incoming proxy connections? I only get it to wirk with paket filters. When using Proxy Actions i get a lot of errors on exchange on prem. No mail is coming. not in and not ot :-(
On wacthguard help there only is a thing for having echange online, NOT hybrid...

Best regards

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @HN13

It depends on how your clients are connecting to the cloud servers.

-For the on-prem portion of exchange, you can use the normal SMTP proxy to filter traffic and apply services like spamblocker.

-For clients connecting to the cloud exchange server, users will need to connect using IMAP in order to use the proxy services. The proxy is not compatible with the MAPI protocol.

If you have any errors, I'd suggest opening a support case. That will allow our support team to help with your specific setup.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hello James,

the connection of the outlook client is not my problem. That works fine. More the mailflow is the thing.

I have two rules SMTP in and SMTP out with SMT-Proxy configured.

When i send an email from the on prem mailbox to the o365 mailbox the on prem exchange server could not establish a correct TLS connection to the cloud and the mail does not leave the exchange. I stays in den mailqueue. From o365 mailbox incoming Mails to onprem are also hanging.

When i use packet filters instead of Proxys everything is fine. But i do not want to have only packet filters between both worlds...

Best regards

Hendrik

Sign In to comment.