Options

Upgrade to 12.8 creates packet loss

Upgraded HQ M570 and 4 satellite office M270s to 12.8 per security warning. No other changes were made. Now all BOVPN traffic is experiencing 5-10% packet loss.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022

You should open a support incident on this to get help from a WG rep in investigating why this is happening

• Options

We have similar problems with SD-WAN and BOVPN after the update, it don't work.
    All users behind BOVPN tunnels has had no internet after updating. I deactivated SD-WAN at the policies and it works again :-(

Case is open at WG

• Options

SD-WAN should only be applied to outgoing policies, not to incoming ones.

• Options

We also upgraded a few remote M370 clusters (the initial, sacrificial lambs) to 12.8 and have also noticed packet loss across previously 'rock-solid' BOVPN tunnels. FWIW- those BOVPN tunnels are M370s using 12.8 firmware back to a M570 running 12.7.2. U2 firmware. A ticket was opened yesterday evening, April 4th, but NO response 16 hours later. Let's hope they can quickly resolve this issue. > @JeffStahlhuth said:

Upgraded HQ M570 and 4 satellite office M270s to 12.8 per security warning. No other changes were made. Now all BOVPN traffic is experiencing 5-10% packet loss.

• Options

FWIW - I cannot post anything mentioning we are also experiencing this problem and opened a support ticket yesterday, April 4th.

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@bfife4 If you can please reply with your case number -- I can check and ensure your case is with the correct team.

As you did not have any previous posts, our anti-spam system detected something in your post and left your message(s) in quarantine/review.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

We are having the same problems with BOVPN tunnels between different sites. We are using M270's and M300 devices.
    I contacted support and they asked me to change de BOVPN tunnels from IKEv2 to IKEv1. That seems to solve the BOVPN instability.

Sign In to comment.