SSLVPN on Windows 11

I have seen issues with the SSLVPN on 2 Windows 11 machines. One person went ahead upgraded his Surface to Windows 11. Once he did that the SSLVPN stopped working. It would start to load after log in and then just stop and go back to the sign in. Seen it on 2 machines now. The 2nd machine was brand new. User setup Windows 11 using her Microsoft account but she wanted to have just a local account. Created the local admin account and now her vpn no longer works. Sing in works and starts loading and then stops and jumps back to the sign in. She is remote and doesn't really need it so I did not troubleshoot it any further but will try and get back with her to collect the logs. Anyone else see this? Client is 12.7.2 and Firewall is a M370 also running 12.7.2

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @kcarpenter
    Often OS upgrades will modify the network devices on a PC -- which is what the SSLVPN attaches (or binds) to.

Completely uninstalling it (the VPN client and TUN driver), rebooting, and re-installing will generally re-register everything.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Thanks. Tried that. One of the computers is brand new that came with Windows 11.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@kcarpenter I'd suggest opening a support incident and our support team can help investigate -- use the support center link on the top right of this page.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support