Options

AuthPoint with LDAP users synchronization and two Internet connection

As in the subject I have two offices connected together with BOVPN. On one side (that I call A) I have Active Directory and in the other one (B) I authenticate AD users to the first via BOVPN. I have installad AuthPoint in A and it is working! On side B I have installed the Log on app on a RDP server... and it does not work. After the App installation, trying to login, the log on app says that I have no internet connection. Thing that is wrong. The only difference is that they have two different public IP.
My Question is, have I to install a secocondary gateway in the RDP server in B?
Reading the documentation I have not found this scenario.

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Morky
    As long as the devices can talk across the VPN, you shouldn't need to stand up two gateways unless you wanted to.

The logon app will download its config from the WatchGuard Cloud first, so if it's saying that it doesn't have internet access, that's where it's failing first. Are you using anything like Terminal Server Agent (TOAgent) for Single Sign on, or anything else that might require authentication before the user(s) can get to the internet? Since the authpoint processes are running as system users they may not have access to the internet.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Hi @james.carson,
    thank you for your answer. No I am not using anything that requires users to authenticate before browsing. The problem is that when I install the Log on app I can' do tests to understand, if I can't log in. Are there some tests that I can do before to install it? Or are there any logs I can look at?

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Morky
    The best thing I can suggest is to try pinging between the two hosts/networks and see if that works.

Logon app talks over ports 80/443 TCP, so if you can ping you'll most likely be able to talk on those ports too.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Hi @james.carson,
    ping works and I have tested nslookup, too. On Saturday afternoon I will retry to install the app logon and I will inform you. Thanks for the moment!

Sign In to comment.