Basic Authentication and Mult-Function Printers

Has anyone had success connecting a MFP to send email to office 365? I have basic authentication enabled and the ECP url setup. I just can't seem to get it to connect.

Comments

• I use a Connector in M365 to allow inbound mail from the WAN IP address of my client who needs to send. Then I have the network copier/scanner/printer (Xerox C8135 and others) send directly to M365. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-microsoft-365-or-office-365

I used Option 3 because they have Microsoft Security Defaults and multi-factor authentication (MFA) enabled.

Note that to use STARTTLS, your MFP has to support TLS 1.2 level.

Gregg Hill

• Hi

I have the same issue.
    I can fine create a policy where only username/password is required for login for portal.office.com but if i try the same user for SMTP Authentication it fails at logon.

Is the Basic Authentication function broken?

• @SimonRIT said:
    Hi

I have the same issue.
    I can fine create a policy where only username/password is required for login for portal.office.com but if i try the same user for SMTP Authentication it fails at logon.

Is the Basic Authentication function broken?

I do not understand what you are trying to do. Are you trying to connect an MFP to send email to Office 365? If so, did you set up a Connector per the article I quoted?

Gregg Hill

• I got it working. But sometimes it is not possible to use a SMTP connector :)

• edited January 2022

@SimonRIT said:
    I got it working. But sometimes it is not possible to use a SMTP connector :)

How did you get yours working?

Gregg Hill

Sign In to comment.