editing profile blocked

I dont seem to have permission to edit my own profile so my signature is stuck with an old version of firmware listed. Any ideas how to change this?

--
WatchGuard M4600 (x2 Cluster)
WatchGuard M640 (x2 Cluster)
Firmware : 12.8

Comments

• For unknown reason, no one has this permission.
    Makes no sense to me.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@Abertay
    Our internal IT department has permissions to change it. If you PM me what you want changed, removed, etc, I can open an issue with them and have it modified for you.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• edited April 2021

@James_Carson

James - what is the rationale for not allowing users to modify their own profile signature or change their avatar picture?

Hi Bruce.
    I'm not sure. I don't have any control over it.

-James Carson

• I just tried to edit my profile, couldn't - and found this thread. It's bonkers not being able to edit our own profiles.. can you pass this feedback on to the internal team?

All Fireboxes (T-Series, M-Series, FireboxV, Firebox Cloud etc.); EPDR, Advanced EPDR/Cytomic, Orion (Threat Hunting); WiFi, AuthPoint. WSC/Cloud. Management of a few hundred Fireboxes, and a few thousand EPDR endpoints. Platinum Partner. Views my own (if any!).

@James If you can please PM me what you'd like changed, I can request it be changed by the appropriate team internally. My apologies for the issue.

-James Carson

• seems this has now changed and you can edit your profile.

--
    WatchGuard M4600 (x2 Cluster)
    WatchGuard M640 (x2 Cluster)
    Firmware : 12.8

• Nice one @Abertay - thanks for noticing, and letting us know

All Fireboxes (T-Series, M-Series, FireboxV, Firebox Cloud etc.); EPDR, Advanced EPDR/Cytomic, Orion (Threat Hunting); WiFi, AuthPoint. WSC/Cloud. Management of a few hundred Fireboxes, and a few thousand EPDR endpoints. Platinum Partner. Views my own (if any!).

• However, one one changes their Display Name, it doesn't stay changed for more than several hours.
    Stupid site options.....
    Markup On should not be the default either.

• With Markdown on, it interprets selected characters as Markdown actions, and thus what I occasionally enter to come out wrong.

Sign In to comment.