TDR - What is the road map for this product

I see WG is offering new cloud based security products. Where does this leave the TDR? Its a great product, but it would be nice to see some of those cloud based features being integrated in the 1 client - product (Total Security)

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@Watch_This
    I'd suggest asking this question in the product enhancement topic for TDR. The WatchGuard product managers watch that topic, and they'll be able to give you the best answer.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative
  • Ricardo_ArroyoRicardo_Arroyo WatchGuard Representative

Greetings @Watch_This. The plan for the future is to take ThreatSync out of TDR and evolve it into a WGC platform level service. The New ThreatSync will continue to utilize the Firebox for Network data, but will utilize WatchGuard Endpoint Security for Endpoint data. (We recently integrated Panda products into WatchGuard Cloud and now available as WatchGuard Endpoint Protection Detection and Response). The longer term plan is to include data from AuthPoint and Wifi as well in our platform wide correlation of security events. New ThreatSync will also preserve what we like about TDR today, the scoring, certain visualizations, and automation policy, all while taking advantage of the wealth of analytics technology that came with the Panda acquisition. New ThreatSync access will be included in our most advanced License bundles. Existing customers of TDR will continue to benefit from the host sensor licenses that have already been purchased as part of TSS, but that may be provided via aspects of WatchGuard Endpoint Security. While the timetables are still very much to be determined, the goal is to get New ThreatSync out sometime in 2022.

Ricardo Arroyo | Principal Product Manager / ThreatSync Guru
    WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.

• edited August 2021

Thank you for the feedback,

I hope you maintain the client enforcement for SSL VPNs and also support additional A/Vs to run with this solution.

Sign In to comment.