Feature Request - Web Setup Wizard - VLAN

Hi Guys,

What are the chances of getting VLAN's added to the external interface part of the setup wizard?
In Australia a lot of our ISP's are using VLAN's when providing network connections, I'm watching all of the setup videos for the Watchguard devices and it's all either DHCP/PPPoE/Static IP options, but it'd be great to be able to setup a VLAN with the static IP so that we can get the benefit of the automatic setup of the subscription services also.

Hopefully it's not too difficult to implement because it'd definitely be useful for our business connections.

Thanks !

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @WellConnectedIT

This could be useful for multiple customers. I can certianly look into it.

Do the ISPs generally use the same VLAN ID for external? (Is there a default one?)

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@WellConnectedIT @Daniel_Meyer

I created a feature request for this -- FBX-21906
    If you'd like to follow it, please create a support case and mention that ID (FBX-21906) somewhere in the case. The tech that is assigned the case can set this up for you.

Thank you,

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• @James_Carson said:
    Hi @WellConnectedIT

This could be useful for multiple customers. I can certianly look into it.

Do the ISPs generally use the same VLAN ID for external? (Is there a default one?)

If it's what I think it is (for some of the NBN based connections), then while some use VLAN 100, this is not always the case (at least one I think uses PPPoE with a VLAN tag requirement).

Being able to set this in a RapidDeploy setup (at least for the USB method of configuring interfaces) would be useful too.

Sign In to comment.