TDR on Ubuntu

Hey

I was wondering if there are any out there on the vast shores of the ether. That is using the TDR on Ubuntu servers? I know it is supported out for the box on Red hat, curious to know if some have managed to deploy it on Ubuntu servers.

if so
Any issues while installing/configuring up the sensor?
is it stable over time?
Any caveats?

Regards
Robert

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi Robert,

Some customers have reported success installing it, but it is not performance tuned or expected to work well on Ubuntu.

There was a previous feature request (TDR-69) to support TDR on Ubuntu, but it was decided that TDR won't be supported on Ubuntu.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hey James
    Thank you for the feedback. In light of that, i will be limiting the time i spend on hacking it together.

I have managed to install all of the depending library.
    it is just that last mile i am missing the script seems to be throws a couple of errors.

I would be fun to manage it of course.

• Ricardo_ArroyoRicardo_Arroyo WatchGuard Representative
    edited May 2021

I have successfully run it on Ubuntu as long as all of the dependencies are met. The Main issue is getting it to start on computer start-up. The start-up scripts included in the RPM are meant for a RedHat installation. If you can create your own start-up scripts based on the command listed in the RedHat start-up scripts, it should work. This, though, is NOT Supported by WatchGuard as James had stated.

Ricardo Arroyo | Principal Product Manager / ThreatSync Guru
    WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.

Sign In to comment.