Options

Feature Request - Ability to rename Alias's, Policy Templates etc

Can I post a discussion to add the feature of being able to rename, to me this should have always been in there and amazingly not. You can rename policy's but are unable to rename alias's, policy templates etc. This is awful, if you for instance create a typo or go through an exercise to rename name policy's for new standards etc you would have to recreate them simply to change the name.

Comments

• Options
    Markus_DittmannMarkus_Dittmann WatchGuard Representative

Hello Sonali,

there different feature requests which highly cover your request such like for renaming Aliases (FBX-3861/RFE88366).
    I encourage you to open a Support Case as the Support Representative will make sure that all the areas that you´re looking for are covered.

Thanks and regards,
    Markus

Markus Dittmann | Support Engineer

• Options
    benpmbenpm WatchGuard Representative

Hey @Sonali , Hindsight being 20/20, we try to ensure that anything that can be named, needs to be possible to rename moving forward. Some of the objects in the configuration that have been around for the better part of two decades are a little more stubborn about this.

• Options

In terms of renaming Aliases, the easy way to do this now is to create a new Alias, then export the content of the original alias and then import this into the new Alias and delete the old Alias..

Adrian from Australia

• Options
    edited May 2019

Message content deleted by Gregg Hill.

Gregg Hill

• Options

Ooooooh...... but editing that XML file is risky.. B)

Adrian from Australia

• Options
    edited May 2019

Message content deleted by Gregg Hill.

Gregg Hill

Sign In to comment.