We need a better way to organize polices

When using the manual policy order mode, it's challenging to manage a large number of policies and the placement of newly created policies. Currently, we need to drag and drop the policy, but it would be great if we could change the order number on the policy, and then that could move the policy into the place it needs to be based on the policy order number.

Comments

• You can do that using WSM Policy Manager

• edited May 31

@Bruce_Briggs I know but a lot of us don't use the policy manager unless it's for something that is not available in the web ui. The web ui needs to catch up with the features/functions of the policy manager.

• edited May 31

I indicated that there is a way to do what you say is needed.
    Had you posted that you wanted this option for the Web UI, then I would not have bothered to comment.

Policy Manager has a number of features which are not in the Web UI, and the Web UI has a number of features which are not Policy Manager.

• edited June 1

@Bruce_Briggs said:

"Policy Manager has a number of features which are not in the Web UI, and the Web UI has a number of features which are not Policy Manager."

That is my point. We should have features/functions parity of the policy manager and the web ui. I'm okay with being wrong, i'm willing to bet that more watchguard administrators use the web ui over the policy manager at this point. I think the policy manager is great fall back option when bugs exist in the web ui.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @NetworkWise
    I created a feature request for the ability to type in the desired policy number in WebUI. That feature request is FBX-27426. If you'd like to follow that request, please create a support case and mention FBX-27426 somewhere in the case. The technician assigned to that case can set that up for you.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Policy Manager FTW! :)

Sign In to comment.