Feature Request: Wildcard IPv4 in WatchGuard Cloud Templates

Request:
Please add the option to use wildcard IPv4 addresses for the sources and destination options in the firewall policies of WatchGuard Cloud templates and BOVPN network resource.

Use case 1:
I'd like to apply my company web content filter to the two internal networks for workstations at each location. Currently I'd have to manually enter two /24 subnets for each location.

Use case 2:
I'd like to include the first half (/17) of each locations networks as a network resource in the BOVPN network resource. I cannot use a /12 network to summarize the routes as VPN in the cloud throw an error that the network is already in use. I have to added a /17 network resource manually for each branch.

Use Case 3:
I would like to isolate select VLANs/Subnets at all branch locations. With wildcard IPv4 addresses I could use just one source and destination rather than one /24 network for each branch.

Notes:
No development should be need for the Fireboxes as the feature already exists in locally-managed, or fully-managed Fireboxes (v12.1 or newer). The WatchGuard Server Manger device configuration template also supported this feature. The wildcard IPv4 feature is not listed as an unsupported features on the "WatchGuard Cloud Features for Firebox Configuration" (Article ID :000018690). Wildcard IPv4 would assist me in migrating from locally-managed to WatchGuard Cloud managed devices. The reason for this post is to encourage the team to included wildcard IPv4 on their development plan.

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @MrFisher
    I created a feature request for that - it's FCCM-4608.
    If you'd like to follow that request, please create a support case and mention that request ID (FCCM-4608) somewhere in the case. The tech that is assigned the case can set it up to do that for you.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.